Saturday, September 5, 2009

89 days until the grand opening!

So much has happened in the last few weeks I am amazed! I have been out of town for the last 4 weeks so I have had other people cover for me and take the pictures for me. While I have seen all of the pictures they do no justice for the amount of progress that has taken place. The dirt work has really been ramped up. As Joey, the project foreman, said, "this is the hardest working and most dedicated group of subs that I have ever worked with." While the skeptics say that they will not be opened by the December 1st date, all of those working with the project are very confident that they will get finished in time.

What makes the floors interesting in the bingo pavilion is they have to do it in to layers. They pour a sub-floor then they they lay out all of the underfloor power that will run all of the machines. Then they do a second pour to cover all of the power and make the finished surface. On the sections of floor that are finished, the internal walls are going in along with the power, HVAC, lighting and all other necessary items.



I once again have to say what a beautiful building the Possum Holler Bed and Breakfast is becoming. The B&B will be the first structure done and it is reported to be a little ahead of schedule. The Sheetrock is complete and the ceilings upstairs have been textured. The copper highlights on the exterior are going to go in over the next week. Inside we are going to see the finish trim start on Monday. Then it goes to paint and finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment